Friday, April 1, 2011

COVER GIRL MAKEUP FOUNDATION

I stopped wearing makeup years ago because it made my skin feel "dirty" and at times itchy, it now appears that it may have been related to gluten intolerance. This occurred with all sorts of brands and products.

I contacted Cover Girl makeup and asked them if they had gluten derivative free makeup available.
Sara from Cover Girl contacted me to let me know the following:

"I know how serious Celiac/Gluten disease is and hope I can help with your questions. If wheat or wheat extract is directly added to the formula, it will be listed in the Ingredient Statement on the label. If it isn't listed it isn't directly added to the product. If wheat or wheat extract is added to the perfume it will not be listed, but potentially present at very low levels. If you are concerned try using our fragrance free products. Here is a list of foundations, but if you have a question about a specific product please let me know.

Fragrance Free Foundation:
Clean Oil Control
Clean Sensitive Skin
Fresh Complexion Pocket Powder foundation
COVERGIRL & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation
COVERGIRL & Olay Simply Ageless Serum Primer
Simply Powder Foundation
Smoothers All-Day Hydrating Makeup
Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisture
TruBlend MicroMinerals Foundation
TruBlend Liquid Makeup
TruBlend Whipped Foundation
Ultimate Finish Liquid Powder

I hope this helps! :)
Sara"


Sara was very helpful.
I've also asked Sara about blush, cover sticks or creams, eyeliners, mascara, lip glosses and lipstick.
For any make up I do purchase I'll be taking a list of gluten derivatives from page 171 & 172 from Elisabeth Hasselbeck's book "The G Free Diet". Get a copy of the GLUTEN FREE DERIVATIVES here.
I'll post that info when I recieve it.
After all harvesting my life includes not just feeling healthy, but feeling good about how you look and the quality of your life.

6 comments:

  1. Does Cover Girl Lipstick have gluten in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting to say the least. I used Covergirl Clean make up for the first time yesterday. Today's results were a bloody/clotty nose bleed as well as a gluten bm. It took me awhile to determine that it was the makeup that I had only used for one day. We must all pay attention to the signals that our body sends us so we can be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cool..Would love to see some more investigating, fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is clean oil control gluten free?

    ReplyDelete